Australia Day is an official public holiday in every state and territory of Australia and is celebrated in many ways around that nation. While I would love to take a trip to Australia to celebrate this special day, especially since it is summer down there, I guess I will have to settle for looking at some amazing pictures and working on a few creative projects. Will you do the same?
If you are going to celebrate the same way as I am, here are some fun things you can do in honor of this special day.
- Print out this paper model of the Sydney Opera House and put it together. You could use it to construct an Australia Day hat.
- Make this fun boomerang name hanger craft.
- Here is a pattern to make a kangaroo out of pony beads.
- Make a little Koala using these printable templates and a toilet paper roll.
- Print out and color this black and white picture of the Australian flag.
- Check out this map of Australia and dream that you are there!
- Try some of these Australia Day recipes.
I hope these resources will help you celebrate this special day. For even more ideas, check out the official Web site for Australia Day.