If you are looking for a reason to celebrate during the month of November, look no further! Consult this long list and find one or more reasons to celebrate every single day. Plan a day of reading fun for National Family Literacy Day, snuggle up with your favorite stuffed animal on Hug-a-Bear Day, get some baking done on Homemade Bread Day, and so much more.
Month Long Observances in November
- American Diabetes Month
- Aviation Month
- Child Safety and Protection Month
- Family Stories Month
- Good Nutrition Month
- International Drum Month
- Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- Military Family Appreciation Month
- National Adoption Month
- National Epilepsy Awareness Month
- National Home Care and Hospice Month
- National Model Railroad Month
- National Novel Writing Month
- National Pomegranate Month
- National Scholarship Month
- Native American Heritage Month
- Peanut Butter Lover’s Month
Week Long Observances in November
- American Education Week (November 14 – 18 in 2016)
- Dear Santa Letter Week (second week)
- Geography Awareness Week (November 13 – 19 in 2016)
- International Fraud Awareness Week (November 13 – 19 in 2016)
- National Animal Shelter Appreciation Week (November 6 – 12 in 2016)
- National Young Readers Week (November 7 – 11 in 2016)
- All Saint’s Day
- Electric Light Bulb Patented
By Thomas Edison in 1879.
- National Author’s Day
- National Family Literacy Day
- Prime Meridian Day
- Cookie Monster’s Birthday
Sesame Street Character.
- Daniel Boone’s Birthday
Born in 1734 in Pennsylvania.
- James Polk’s Birthday
11th President of the United States, born in 1795
- National Deviled Egg Day
- Plan Your Epitaph Day
- Warren Harding’s Birthday
29th President of the United States, born in 1865
- Guy Fawkes Day
Also called Bonfire Night.
- Basketball Day
Birthday of James Naismith, inventor of basketball.
- Daylight Savings Time Ends
First Sunday in November.
- National Nachos Day
- National Stress Awareness Day
- Saxophone Day
- Zero Tasking Day
First Sunday of November
- Election Day in The US
On the Tuesday following the first Monday of November
- National Dunce Day
- National Parents as Teachers Day
- National Young Reader’s Day
The second Tuesday of November
- X-Ray Day
The day the X-ray was discovered in 1895.
- Chaos Never Dies Day
- Area Code Day
- National Forget Me Not Day
- Sesame Street Day
Debuted in 1969.
- U.S. Marine Corps Established
Established by Congress in 1775.
This date is decided by the position of the moon.
- Origami Day
- Veteran’s Day
- World Orphans Day
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Day
- Elizabeth Cady Stanton Day
- First Balloon Crosses the Pacific Ocean
In 1981, Ron Clark, Rocky Aoki, and Larry Newman ballooned from Nagashima, Japan to Covelo, California in the Double Eagle V.
- International Day of the Bible
This date changes every year.
- International Girls Day
- Loosen Up, Lighten Up Day
- Prince Charles’ Birthday
Born in 1948.
- America Recycles Day
- I Love to Write Day
- National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day
- National Philanthropy Day
- Sadie Hawkins’ Day
- Mickey Mouse’s Birthday
Created in 1928.
- William Tell Day
William Tell shoots an apple off his son’s head in 1315.
- Equal Opportunity Day
- Gettysburg Address Delivered
Made in 1863 by President Lincoln.
- Have a Bad Day Day
- James Garfield’s Birthday
20th President of the United States, born in 1831.
- National Adoption Day
The Saturday before every Thanksgiving
- Play Monopoly Day
- Franklin Pierce’s Birthday
14th President of the United States, born in 1853
- International Aura Awareness Day
- National Cashew Day
- Celebrate Your Unique Talent Day
- Thanksgiving Day in the US
Celebrated on the 4th Thursday of November.
- Zachary Taylor’s Birthday
14th President of the United States, born in 1784.
- Black Friday
Always the Day after Thanksgiving.
- Buy Nothing Day
Always the Day after Thanksgiving.
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- National Parfait Day
- Woody Woodpecker’s Birthday
This Walter Lantz cartoon character debuted in 1940.
- Charles Schulz’s Birthday
Born in 1922.
- National Cake Day
- Small Business Saturday
The Saturday after Thanksgiving.
- Magellan reaches the Pacific Ocean
- Mark Twain’s Birthday
Born in 1835 and was given the name Samuel Clemmens.
- Red Planet Day
Which holidays are you looking forward to celebrating the most? Please share!