August 22 is Be an Angel Day. The goal of this special day is to encourage everyone to act like an angel by helping others and doing acts kindness. While this holiday does have religious roots, it can be celebrate by people of all denominations and beliefs.
Let’s face it, everyone can use an angel at some point in time and this day is a great excuse to be just that. Not only will the person receiving your gesture of kindness be appreciative, you will fill better for helping someone for no reason.
Besides doing kind deeds for others, you can use these ideas to celebrate this special day with your family, friends, or youth group.
Angel Day Related Activities
- Of course, one of the most obvious things to do on this day is to find people to extend your kindness to. It can be as small as buying someone a cup of coffee or as big to cleaning an elderly neighbor’s home.
- Encourage anyone you do a good deed for to pass it on.
- Learn more about angels.
- Print out and try some of these angel themed games.
- Try some of these fun, online angel games.
Angel Day Related Recipes
- Use a grilled cheese sandwich, some apple slices, and a few other tasty ingredients to make this angel lunch (about halfway down this page).
- Make mini angel food cakes for everyone or how about some key lime angel food cake.
- This angel sandwich is made using bread, cream cheese, a round cracker, and a banana slice.
- Start off the day by trying these angel food French toasts.
- Make a cute angel snack using Bugles, an oyster cracker, a Cheerio, and some pretzels.
- Make some angel hair pasta and try a new recipe with it, like this Garlic Angel Hair Pasta Recipe or Crock Pot Angel Chicken.
- Make a batch or two or angel food candy to share with your neighbors or co-workers.
- Use homemade macaroons and Necco wafers to make sweet angels.
Angel Day Related Crafts
- Print out some angel related coloring pages and make your own coloring book.
- Make one or more of these cute clothespin angels to give to someone on this special day.
- Have kids draw a picture of an angel. Instead of drawing on the wings, paint the palm of each of their hands and have them press it on the paper where the wings would normally be.
- Learn how to make a beaded angel using safety pins.
- Go outside, gather some pine cones, and make an angel or two.
- Learn how to make angels out of clay.
- Form chenille stems into circles and wear them on your hair like halos.
- Recycle a milk carton into this cute angel container.
- Make a pair of angel wings out of cardboard or you can make some out of wire and nylons.
- Make one or more of these tissue angels to hang up and enjoy or to share.
Angel Day Activities for Groups/Classrooms
- Ask everyone if they know what a good deed is. Tell about a good deed they did or one that was done for them.
- As a group collect and deliver canned goods for a local food shelf or toys and clothing for a local shelter.
After you enjoy this special day, make sure you come back here and tell us about it. Were you someone’s angel or was someone an angel to you?